Sunday, January 1, 2012

Miccosukee Canopy Road Greenway

My biggest surprise at Christmas was a visit from my Aunt Jeanne and Aunt Karen!  The day after Christmas they accompanied me on a hike I found in Tallahassee:

The Miccosukee Canopy Road Greenway

The hike wasn't quite what I expected because it was in the middle of Tallahassee, as opposed to one of the naturey/swampy areas surrounding the city.  The whole trail was about 4 miles to the end and back, there were public restrooms and free parking (always a plus) - but what was described as a "rural" setting was actually more suburban, and the trail is only about 20 feet off of the road.  The sweet sound of cars driving by accompanied us the whole time.  On the plus side, it's an easy trail that is very well marked and the whole path is either gravel or clay - it'd be a great place to go for a run with the flat and even terrain.  We enjoyed the trail because we could walk fast and really burn off some of the calories consumed at Christmas! 

I'm excited to try some other hikes I read about in the Florida Panhandle but this was a good start, and I had the best company imaginable!  Thanks for visiting, Aunts J&K!!

Aunt Jeanne and I at the head of the trail.

KJK


These put the "canopy" in Canopy Road Greenway

Um, I think this is plow art.

No comments:

Post a Comment