Tuesday, October 30, 2012

How to survive a hurricane like a toddler.

Most of you know I work in politics.  And all of you know that Hurricane Sandy hit the East Coast pretty hard yesterday.  DC was lucky and I'm so thankful that I kept power and kept dry for the last 24 hours.

However, being that the election doesn't stop for 'a little rain,' I worked all weekend - and yesterday, and today and 7 days a week for the last 6 months.  So, what I'm trying to say is I haven't had a lot of time to go to the grocery store.  In fact, what I found out last night is that my cabinets consist of only Cheerios (no milk), Pasta (no sauce) and a lot of expired canned goods.  I also found some really moldy yams in my refrigerator crisper.  I don't even want to talk about that.

So what did I do last night when I got home from work, hungry for dinner and not a restaurant delivering or open for miles?  I survived the Frankenstorm like a toddler - munching on dry Cheerios and pasta with butter.  In fact - when I woke up this morning, it was the first time in months that I thought, "I can't WAIT to get to work....And order some lunch."

And that, my friends, is how to survive a hurricane as a baby adult, which I still kind of consider myself to be, considering I can't even get to the grocery while CNN is predicting the end of the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment