Thursday, May 10, 2012

Well, You Know I Like My Chicken Fried

Something terrible happened last night, and I'm not entirely sure that I should be putting this story in print...but no one was harmed, so here goes.


Last night, I fell asleep with chicken in the oven.


It all started when I came home from work.  It was after 9pm, so I had some cheerios for dinner, but was forced to cook the chicken I had thawing in the fridge, lest it go to waste.  The chicken went into the oven around 9:25 - where I promptly forgot about it.  I know I fell asleep sometime between 10 and 10:20, since I only remember a little bit of the Big Bang Theory episode I was watching.  And when I happened to wake up at 3am, my apartment smelled like a 4th of July Barbecue!  I instantly thought, "Weird, I wonder if my neighbor is cooking..."  Then I rolled over and tried to go back to sleep - a few minutes later, realizing, "My oven is on, and that is WHY my apartment smells like an amazing chicken dinner!!"

This episode, combined with the time that I almost fell asleep with the stove on (only to be disturbed by the hissing of the gas), makes me pretty sure there's a part of my brain that has not fully developed.  I'm worried about me, really worried.  And the chicken still went to waste.



No comments:

Post a Comment