Thursday, April 5, 2012

Goal Time!



The weekend is finally almost here for the Crescent City Classic in New Orleans.  That means it's goal-setting time!

*Side-note: Last year, I ran the Classic with Strep Throat - so my 87 minute finish time does not count.  The only other 10K I've ever run, sans training, I finished in about 71 or 72 minutes.

I think the 8k last month, where I averaged a 10:01 minute mile, is a good indicator of how I may perform this weekend.  However - I am super nervous because New Orleans is below sea level and considerably warmer than the DC temperatures in which I've been training.  IF I can keep up my 8k pace, I should finish in about 62 minutes, so I'm setting my goal as: 64:09.  That gives me a little wiggle room if I'm tired at the end of the race and if the humidity makes me want to pass out.

Wish me luck! I'll report back on Monday - unless I don't meet my goal and then I'll just pretend it didn't happen.  Moi? I hate running...I would never train for a 10K!

No comments:

Post a Comment